Is the rangefinder really bad for outdoor bright light during the day? What
is the reason?
This kind of problem is often mentioned in the rangefinder industry, mainly because the user does not know the principle, and the communication between the manufacturer and the user is not in place.
The long-distance laser rangefinders on the market, that is, the distance-measuring telescopes we often say, are developed using the principle of pulsed lasers, and use the time taken by the laser light wave to travel back and forth to measure the distance. According to the characteristics of this pulsed laser, so:
1. The larger the target object, the more light waves are reflected back, the easier it is to be received by the machine, and the better the effect;
2. The flatter the surface of the target object, the more light waves are reflected back, and the easier it is to be received by the machine; the better the effect;
3. The lighter the color of the target body, the better the reflection effect of light waves, the easier it is to reflect back and more light waves to be received by the machine; the darker target absorbs more light, and the darker the target, the less the reflection of light waves will be. In summer, we wear black It's the same reason that your clothes will feel hotter than white clothes in the sun because black absorbs more light.
4. If the air is foggy or the haze is heavy, it will hinder the return of light waves and affect the measurement distance, so the better the air quality, the better the measurement effect.
5. The influence of strong light on measurement. The rangefinder designed using the principle of pulsed laser must use the wavelength of 905. This wavelength coincides with the 905 band in the sun's rays. If the sun is strong and dazzling, it will The returning light waves cause interference and also reduce the range of the machine.
To sum up, customers with strong light outdoor needs, it is best to choose a rangefinder with better stability and reflectivity.