Measuring distance: This is the main indicator of the laser rangefinder
telescope, which refers to the farthest distance the telescope can measure. The
measuring distance of the telescope is generally 400-2000 meters. This distance
refers to the straight-line distance from the measurement position to the
measurement target. There is another important indicator behind, which is the
horizontal distance (the two concepts must not be confused). The measurement
distance of the laser rangefinder telescope is generally the theoretical
measurement distance, which will be affected by the weather. Therefore, when you
choose a rangefinder, in principle, you should choose a laser rangefinder
telescope that is about 20 degrees farther than the farthest measurement
distance you actually require. The measurement distance is the most important
factor affecting the price of the telescopic laser rangefinder.
2. Whether the height can be measured: Whether the horizontal height can be measured, many rangefinders have this function, so this rangefinder can also be called an altimeter. Another concept of altimetry is to measure the absolute height of the target (altitude difference). These two concepts must not be confused. At present, the main brands that can measure height on the market are Tuyad and Alfa. Nikon 1000AS can also measure height, but not angle. All models of the Doctor can not measure the height. Models that can measure height will be more expensive than models that do not have this function.
3. Whether the angle can be measured: whether the angle can be measured, many rangefinders also have this function, so this rangefinder can also be called a goniometer. Many models of Tuyad and Alfa have this function, and all Nikon models cannot measure the angle. Some models of Booneng can measure angle. Whether the angle can be measured is also another major factor affecting the price of the telescopic laser rangefinder.
4. Whether the absolute height of the target can be measured (height difference): Different from the concept of height measurement mentioned above, it refers to the height of the target itself, which is only a function of high-end rangefinders. Currently only Tuyad's SP1500H has this advanced feature. However, in the new product released by Alfa in Germany in May 2012, there is a rangefinder with such a function. Neither Bosch and Nikon have such a model.
5. Whether the horizontal distance can be measured: The measurement distance mentioned above refers to the straight-line distance from the measurement position to the measurement target, while the horizontal distance refers to the horizontal distance from the measurement position to the measurement target. The two distances are not the same. This is a feature only available in high-end rangefinders.
6. Whether continuous ranging: Continuous ranging is very useful in many situations, so this function is also very important.
7. Whether continuous angle measurement is possible: The function of continuous angle measurement is available on some high-end laser rangefinder telescopes. Continuous angle measurement refers to continuous angle measurement without triggering the infrared emission lamp.