Abstract: An electronic thermal imager is a device that generates a thermal
image by receiving infrared radiation emitted by an object. It can be connected
to a computer for analysis. The electronic thermal imager is widely used in the
field of scientific research, electrical equipment testing, R&D quality
control, There are applications in areas such as building inspection and
military security. The technical index requirements of electronic thermal
imagers for different purposes are also different, which should be selected
according to the needs, including thermal sensitivity, infrared resolution,
temperature measurement range, full radiation thermal imaging video stream, etc.
Let's take a look at the uses of electronic thermal imaging cameras.
1. What are the uses of electronic thermal imagers
Electronic thermal imager is a device that converts invisible infrared energy emitted by objects into visible thermal images, and can be connected to a computer, data is connected to the computer, and the production process can be monitored in time through the computer. Thermal imaging cameras are used in a wide variety of applications, including:
1. The field of scientific research
(1) Materials research: organic materials, inorganic materials, composite materials, 3D printing materials, nanomaterials, elastic materials, etc.
(2) Machinery and power: new energy power system, braking system, hydraulic system, traction system, transmission system, heating system, precision machining, etc.
(3) Electronics and electrical: microelectronics, chips, electronic components, strong electrical equipment, etc.
(4) Civil engineering: seepage, hollowness, gap problems, geological exploration, etc. of infrastructure facilities such as bridges, tunnels, dams, and buildings.
(5) Chemistry and chemical industry: chemical reaction process monitoring, reaction equipment monitoring, product performance testing, etc.
(6) Animals and plants: medicinal properties and efficacy tests, new breed cultivation, animal habits, growth environment, laser hair removal, microorganisms, medical research, etc.
(7) Other scientific research: archaeology and cultural relics protection, space experiment, aerodynamics, laser and optical fiber research, explosion research, collision test, volcano research, greenhouse effect, sandstorm, mining, earthquake, etc.
2. Overhaul of electrical equipment
(1) Power distribution system: switchboards, switch boxes, transformers, circuit breakers, contactors, fuses, cables, generators, winding equipment, oil pillows, UPS, etc.
(2) General electromechanical equipment: conveyor belt testing, motor testing, valve testing, flange leakage testing, pipeline testing, condenser valve, compressor, bearing testing, etc.
(3) Metallurgical heating equipment: ladle, blast furnace tuyere, blast furnace cooling stave, blast furnace lining inspection, blast furnace air supply branch inspection, coke oven, continuous casting slab, hot blast stove, hot blast stove dome inspection, annealing furnace, torpedo tanker, Converter furnace lining, etc.
(4) Special equipment for petrochemical: distillation tower, storage tank liquid level detection, reactor, heat exchanger, etc.
(5) Professional equipment for rail transit: catenary detection, electric locomotive head detection, water seepage detection of overhead box girder, high-speed rail high-priced bridge waterproof layer detection, black body furnace detection, catenary detection, axle temperature detection, etc.
(6) Processing and heat treatment: welding, castings, molds, steelmaking furnaces, converters, torpedo cars, furnace walls, metal hot spots (annealing, tempering, quenching), cold/hot rolled steel sheets, steel coils and wires, etc. monitoring, etc.
3. R&D quality control
Circuit research and development, power supply testing, LED lamp heat sink testing, LED lampshade testing, LED testing, LED chip testing, LED chip heat dissipation testing, LED lighting testing, medical equipment, engine fuel nozzle testing, plastic modification testing, mold testing, solar energy Hot spot, CRT detection, CD detection, PV inverter, refrigerator refrigerant leak detection, product shell temperature detection, electric iron, evaluation of heating of electronic products, brake pads, heated seats, tires, automotive appliances, automotive transmitters , Automobile welding robot, automobile rear windshield, automobile front windshield, automobile headlamp, motor winding detection, lithium battery detection, lead-acid battery bridge detection.
4. Building inspection
(1) Building diagnosis: hollowing out, peeling off, roof leakage, pipes, thermal bridges, energy-saving research, floor heating testing, completion acceptance, etc.
(2) Highway bridges: It can be used to quickly scan highway cracks, bridge cracks, leakage inspection, asphalt paving, etc.
5. Military security
(1) Military applications: missile guidance, infrared radar, explosive performance improvement, infrared night vision, infrared stealth, etc.
(2) Fire security: It can be used for fire research, fire rescue, security, smuggling monitoring, etc.
2. What are the technical indicators of the electronic thermal imager
Electronic thermal imaging cameras have a wide range of uses. When choosing, pay attention to selecting infrared thermal imaging camera products with appropriate technical indicators according to your needs:
1. Thermal sensitivity
It refers to the ability of an electronic thermal imager to distinguish small temperature differences. It affects the fineness of imaging to a certain extent. The higher the sensitivity, the better the imaging effect.
2. Infrared resolution
That is, the detector pixels of the thermal imager are similar to visible light. The higher the pixel, the clearer and more delicate the picture, and the higher the pixel, the more temperature data can be obtained at the same time.
3. Temperature measurement range
Refers to the range from the lowest temperature to the highest temperature that the electronic thermal imager can measure. There are multiple temperature ranges within the range, which can be set manually. Select the appropriate range according to the temperature measurement target, and the thermal image will be clearer.
4. Full radiometric video streaming
Save the video stream of the temperature data of each pixel of each frame, the full radiation video can be used for post-temperature change analysis, and can also perform arbitrary temperature analysis on each frame of pictures.